Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of speed

lone
Dabbler

Loss of speed

Hello,

Since around 2 weeks ago my IP Profile seems to have been lowered to around 37mb (from 52mb on 10/1/22). Can someone please adjust this and/or explain why. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Loss of speed

@lone 

Depending on which profile you are referring to I suspect that you are asking the wrong question. The Openreach profile is related to your actual sync speed, so the question is: Why is my speed lower than it was?

Have you done a quiet line test by ringing 17070 and selecting Option 2? If there's any noise then that's probably the cause so report a phone fault.

Next is to check whether your speed is below that offered in your contract. If it is then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

lone
Dabbler

You are correct, yes. My question is why is my speed now X when it was Y before. I was happy with Y, and I am definitely not happy with X.

I will do the line test and check back later.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Ione, 

I am really sorry you are experiencing an issue with your speeds and for the hassle this is causing. I have run a test on the line and there is an external phone fault, which I have raised to our suppliers. 

I have provided more detail on the ticket here, please get back to me if you need us to chase an update at that stage. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team