cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of connection

reserved19
Dabbler

Loss of connection

Several times a day I lose connection.When I check connectivity via the router I get the following result. Turning the router off/on usually resolves the problem. Any suggestions please?

Test Results

Test Succeeded DSL
Test Succeeded ATM
Test Succeeded PPP
Test Succeeded IP
Test Failed Internet

Disabled/Not OKConnectivity to Gateway (172.16.10.30)

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Loss of connection

That's a BT routing issue. Suggest you raise a BB fault report or use chat. Be sure to mention the IP gateway address ... that will avoid all of the synch and line stability considerations which would be red herrings here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

reserved19
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply. I did try chat earlier but the Q was very long!

Hopefully a rep will spot this post.

reserved19
Dabbler

Just tried the online chat and just got referred to the fault checker which just returned a fault message!!

Tags (2)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@reserved19 @Townman

I think the big red 'X' is a red herring - I get exactly the same response, albeit a different IP, if I do a connectivity check, and I've been continuously connected for over a fortnight.

John
reserved19
Dabbler

You are right John, I have just tried it and still get the when the connection is working!

More confused than ever!!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Several times a day I lose connection.

We're seen 3 disconnections over the last 7 days, are you on wired or wireless internally as this may not be the connection dropping out but the wifi internally.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
reserved19
Dabbler

Hi Chris

This does happen on my laptop, smartphone and other smartphones using wifi so could it be the router?