cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of bulk mail

Innovations
Grafter

Loss of bulk mail

I have been getting several hundred emails from Jobserve every day but they stopped yesterday (I think). None today. I registered with cwjobs for a similar service that should have produced a few hundred emails but nothing has come through. I've tested the email addressed manually and they're alright. I 've checked my SPAM folder and that just has genuine spam in it.  I can't obviously see what is wrong with the Jobserve service. Has anything changed at the Plus end that might account for this?
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Loss of bulk mail

Quote from: Innovations
I have been getting several hundred emails from Jobserve every day but they stopped yesterday (I think). None today.

Several hundred?! Shocked If they're all very similar in nature and delivered from the same source to the same address then there is a possibility that Postini may be seeing them as spam.
I've tested the email addressed manually and they're alright.

Not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean you just sent yourself an email from one of the affected addresses?
I 've checked my SPAM folder and that just has genuine spam in it.  I can't obviously see what is wrong with the Jobserve service. Has anything changed at the Plus end that might account for this?

We haven't specifically changed anything at our side however Postini i may have refined their spam filtering heuristics.
I'll register an account and see what I can uncover.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Innovations
Grafter

I sent emails to Plus directly and via the actual domain name involved (email forwarding).
I'd been getting about 20 per hour until 16:42 yesterday.
If these are being picked up as SPAM, would they always be visible in the spam folder?
Innovations
Grafter

Well, I've been fiddling about and they're flooding back in again. I can't see what it might have been.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I registered to the sites in question and they're coming through for me too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Innovations
Grafter

Apparently the site had a problem although it took them a day and a half to fess up. One of the reasons I'd never support West Ham. Sorry to trouble you guys.
Best regards