cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of broadband

haywardsteve
Grafter

Loss of broadband

At 3.00 PM this afternoon I lost all of my Broadband 9 machines all went offline, Got on the phone to PN after waiting 50 mins finily got through to support who was no help as it was a fault outside of PN  just had to waittill open reach fixed what ever was wrong.

After 8.5 Hours the systen came back up and now I find all my saved passwords on your system are gone total wipe .

YOUR SERVICE APPEARS TO BE TOTAL [-Censored-]!!!!and I have been a customer for 25 years now it seems you treat everybody with total comtent that you cannot even have a way to complain on your website its just a chatbot.

THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT LOYAL CUSTOMERS

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Loss of broadband

If the fault was a BTOR network failure, the only thing Plusnet can do is report the problem to them, and then BTOR will have to fix it, nothing anyone else can do.

Your passwords are 'not saved on Plusnets' system', but on your local machines, or do you mean the passwords for your Plusnet services have been lost? A bit more detail would help on this point.

A complaints Code of Practice, with links to the procedure, is available at the bottom of every page on the forums.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Loss of broadband

@haywardsteve wrote:

At 3.00 PM this afternoon I lost all of my Broadband 9 machines all went offline

If you lose the broadband connection, all connected devices be that 1 or 101 will lose their internet connection.  Nine machines - you running something which might be better supported with a business grade service?

@haywardsteve wrote:

got through to support who was no help as it was a fault outside of PN  just had to wait till open reach fixed what ever was wrong.

If the issue was identified as being with the BT Openreach network, then clearly Plusnet were helpful in that they located the issue and passed the problem to the party responsible for addressing such issues.  What did you expect?  The call centre guy to personally get in their car, drive to wherever you live and fix the issue themselves?  BT Openreach's response time for RESIDENTIAL users is 72 hours.  BUSINESS users can pay for a faster response time.

@haywardsteve wrote:

After 8.5 Hours the system came back up

If the service reconnected after 8.50 hours, then either you were very privileged and BTOR attended urgently for you ... or more likely you have a bad joint on the line and a line test or call (in or out) temporally rectified the bad joint - expect the problem to return.

@haywardsteve wrote:

.. now I find all my saved passwords on your system are gone total wipe .

Really?  What passwords?  Why do you believe Plusnet wiped your passwords?  Might there be some other explanation?  What are you talking about?  Email passwords?  In which case, it is much more likely that the email applications cannot connect to the mail servers (due to the residual line issues), which will report as a username / password error.

@haywardsteve wrote:

THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT LOYAL CUSTOMERS

Ah so you feel you are entitled to better service than some other customer?

@haywardsteve wrote:

I have been a customer for 25 years now it seems you treat everybody with total comtent

Was contempt the word you were looking for?  Remember when you point your pokey finger at someone you have three pointing back at yourself.

Now if you came here for help to resolve the issue ... what steps of the self help guidance have you followed already?  See the link below.

I guess that as Plusnet identified a fault, there will be a fault ticket on your account, what does that advise?  Have you been given a BT engineer appointment, or were you advised that as it is an external fault, a visit was not thought to be necessary?

What is the latest update on the ticket?  See the link below.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.