cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Connection

thebargainqueen
Dabbler

Loss of Connection

We appear to be having a problem with our Thomson router...
Most of the time computers/phones/playstations connect straight away to the wireless in our house However, ever so often wireless just completely stops working. All the lights are lit up on the router, even the wireless one, and the laptop will connect to the internet using the ethernet cable, it's just the wireless that stops working
It has become more regular now and we have only managed to connect through wireless for the odd 5 minutes since yesterday. Usually the connection appears in network list and shows full signal, it just doesnt connect to it.
It's getting very frustrating for the whole family as it just goes off randomly and can't get back on for ages.
Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Loss of Connection

Already raised here - I suggest posting there as well
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91200.0.html
Also I recommend starting from the latest post and working backwards
pierre_pierre
Grafter

is it still your V7 from last Aug?, my one died at about 2 years old ond I got a new one from PN for £4.99 postage
thebargainqueen
Dabbler

Thanks Jim, I will post in there as well. Although it seems to focussing on the v8 and ours is the v7. I'll have a good read though!
And thanks Pierre, has yours been ok since you ordered a new one? This has already happened to 2 of our routers and looking at the other forums it seems to be an issue with the v8 as well!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my last one a bit earlier this year must have been one of the last V7, no problem with it,  Jims post is purely a V8 problem
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Although some v7 users are also reporting the same problems of loss of wireless connectivity.
thebargainqueen
Dabbler

I had a read through and one post recommended upgrading firmware, which I did and it didnt work. In fact my internet has stopped working completely even with the ethernet. cable Do you think our best option is to just get a new router then? This is soo annoying ggrr!!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I would but before that try a hard reset - push a paper clip in the hole for about 30 secs I think - and then put in your connection details again