cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Broadband Signal.

bernardbrown

Loss of Broadband Signal.

Something which I picked up the there day. We signed up with Sky for their basic model plus the phone. Suddenly one evening after the phone was transferred from Pipex to Sky the broadband signal vanished. So I set about checking everything as one does and of course I found nothing wrong. I advised Customer Services at Metronet who were at a loss after checking things at their end. So then they contacted BT who ofcourse went off in what they think is high speed. During this period we heard nothing from BT ofcourse. Then I came home to be told that there was a very short break in the Sky signal and low and behold back came the broadband. No one has advised what happened, but I can guess that BT shut off the broadband when they transferred the phone or it could be that Sky bodged it up. What ever I think it would have been nice for someone to let me know what went wrong and ask if I was satisfied with the outcome, but that would be asking too much.
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Loss of Broadband Signal.

There shouldn't have been any rejumpering at the exchange involved with your move to Sky so I'm not overly sure why you lost synchronisation Huh
Neither did we do anything at this end to break or fix things once they were broken.
It may well remain a mystery I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵