cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to leave plusnet for full fibre but want to reduce the speed and out of contract cost

tol
Grafter

Looking to leave plusnet for full fibre but want to reduce the speed and out of contract cost

Had a great offer of full fibre FTTP which is now been fitted down my street. I was originally worried that I would have to pay the remaining contract with plusnet, but the ready for service date is still a few months off and now I find myself in out of contract limbo.

The out of contract plusnet price is going up to 40£ a month and I would like to reduce that, but don't want to get tied into another 18 month contract.  Can I reduce to something cheaper at plusnet without renewing?

Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra. 

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Looking to leave plusnet for full fibre but want to reduce the speed and out of contract cost

@tol Would have been better posted in 'My Account', but as I've spotted it here, I'll give you the answer - which you won't like - unless you take out another contract with PN, there is no way that I am aware of of changing products, so you are stuck with the out-of-contract price you are paying.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Looking to leave plusnet for full fibre but want to reduce the speed and out of contract cost

@tol 

It may depend on who your are signing up with for Full Fibre. If it's BT or EE then I suggest you call Plus Net options team on 08005871943

HTH

Dan.

tol
Grafter

D'oh, I even meant to put it in the fibre broadband channel here but missed that too.. can posts be moved?

I figured this might be the case about needing a contract.  Just wondered is there might be any exceptions

Thanks

tol
Grafter

No, it's a non-openreach provider whole have put in their own cabling... 

jab1
Legend

@tol I note @Dan_the_Van 's comment above, but I think that only applies to in-contract customers wishing to move and waiving termination fees - could be wrong of course, but my reading of the 'rules' as they are seem that way.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@jab1 

As I said, if the Full Fibre was supplied by BT or EE then calling the options team would have been worth a try, regardless of the contract state.

But as it's not Openreach infrastructure it's a dead topic.

jab1
Legend

@Dan_the_Van Yup, it is a dead topic, but I still think calling COT would have been a waste of time. Your insight is always welcome, though.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I believe COT can arrange terms for FTTP transfer to BT / EE prior to it being available from Plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

The FTTP on offer to the OP is CityFibre.

John