Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term speed fault (again)

mapletree
Grafter

Long term speed fault (again)

Hi,
I've posted about this speed fault before but it is still there.  I am syncing at about 2.4M with an IP profile of 2M.  I used to get over 3M (and still do with a 9db SNR margin).  I've checked and checked and checked my internal wiring, tried upteen different routers and had an OR engineer visit (although he left after two hours without testing everything).
To me everything seems to work fine at 6 and 9dB target margin, but BTw keep raising my target margin to 12dB.  To make matters worse
BTw have recalcuated my MSR/FTR during the fault so now my speed fault is no longer counted as a fault!  (When I have requested a retrain the SNR margin is reset to 6dB and then goes straight up to 12dB after exactly 48 hours).
All I got to explain this on my ticket (which PN have closed without fixing the problem) is this:
Trend Type  Minimum  Maximum  Average  Minimum Date  Maximum Date
Transmission Errors  25 3600 444 2009-11-10T00:00:01 Multiple
My router reports no ES/SES errors for this period so am really not sure what this means.  I never get any resync's except those I cause with an occasional reboot.
Can anyone explain, please?
3 REPLIES 3
HaydnExport
Grafter

Re: Long term speed fault (again)

have you tried re-syncing your router between 9am and 2pm ?  I saw this on the forum ant tried it and synced mb higher. , sorry i cant credit who said it but it works !
Mand
Grafter

@mapletree,
If you can reconnect in the morning (when interference is likely to be at it's lowest) and get a good sync speed we can request an SNR reset, and a restart of the training period (recalculating the MSR/FTR).
mapletree
Grafter

Thanks for the quick responses.
I always resync in the morning and always get about 2.4Mbps sync speed nowadays.  It used to much higher because the target margin was lower.  I would be happy for another retrain period but I believe the line fault is still there.  Now, the target margin /always/ goes up to 12dB after exactly 48 hours.  My line has never been fully tested (only the dropwire was checked and replaced by Openreach*).  This fault has been ongoing since April so I am quite frustrated by the experience.  In fact the speed's got worse.  I used to be able to get 2.7Mbs at 12dB.
* Openreach found a fault in the dropwire and replaced it but it made /no/ difference to the speed.