cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term plusnet issue which needs resolving!

rfowles
Grafter

Long term plusnet issue which needs resolving!

Before i start, its a bit of a long story, but please bear with me and ill really appreciate any advice you can give me. I'm at university hence why i've got internet access! However my sister who is a teacher, is suffering without it!
Back in september we had some issues with our internet going off, so naturally called plusnet and they said that it would be sorted out. It was fine for a few more days then we lost sync completely. After the obligitary changing of the routers, master socket checks and changeing of filters, we had got nowhere.
Again, back on the blower to plusnet and they said that they couldnt find a problem so th eBT engineer would be arranged. On arrival the engineer checks all our wiring and finds no problems, then after a few trips back and forth to the exchange everything works again!
So the internet was working, we are at the end of september at this point. Roughly 2 hours after it has been fixed, off it goes again. Now we have made many calls to plusnet and either they have been waiting on BT or, as i got told a couple of weeks back, 'BT have said there are no problems with the line'.
Now last week i spoke to a family friend who is some engineer manager person who has investigated this himself. He has confirmed that there has been no sync from the exchange to us, since the 10th of october. He also said that on the engineer's 'system', there were no recently logged complaints/requests from Plusnet?
I rang plusnet and they said that they had definately been in contact with BT so i presumed that there must be another way that they communicate (maybe he checked BT retail instead of wholesale), either way it doesnt matter.
I rang on Wednesday asking for more information (after waiting half an hour on the phone, again) and was told a more senior 'technical' person would give me a call back asap to try to get the issue resolved and to satisfy the fact hardly anything had been communicated to me.
I waited...and no call came! I just rang again to be told by the phone system that 'we are currently having issues with the accounts system, so we cannot deal with account specific enquiries', i then get put into the queue, but now theres no message as to how long the phone queue is!
Argh! Can anyone give me any advice please. We have made sure the equipment has been on 24/7 and as i said we have done everything we can to ensure its not anything to do with us.
Also considering we have been paying in full every month, can we expect anything in return for this?
Thankyou for reading, If its any help, our username is rfowles.
Your question | ID: 23375290
7 REPLIES 7
Mand
Grafter

Re: Long term plusnet issue which needs resolving!

Hi there,
I've had a look into the ticket, and can confirm that multiple faults have been raised to BT for you, so can only imagine that your engineer friend is consulting the wrong system.
The current state of play with the fault is that BT are willing to send another engineer to resolve this for you, so we'll need some appointment times from you.
If you'd like to PM me a number I can reach you on I'd be happy to call and discuss this with you, along with sorting out some recompense for you.
rfowles
Grafter

I've PM'd you my mobile phone number, only phone i have at university!
rfowles
Grafter

Glad i posted on here now! All inline to be sorted hopefully!
One last question, i was told the engineer would be booked as soon as possible, i need to be emailed when theyre arranged for, so i can ensure that someone is in, will this be possible?
James
Grafter

It's not going to be possible for an email to be sent, but we can ask for a phonecall to your mobile to be added to the engineers notes.
rfowles
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
It's not going to be possible for an email to be sent, but we can ask for a phonecall to your mobile to be added to the engineers notes.

How far in advance would this be? Surely when you book it with BT you are given some idea of what day it will be?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Once booked we will add an update to the ticket, which will trigger an email.
I'll try and call you as well as soon as I have a confirmed date.
rfowles
Grafter

Thankyou Mand Smiley