Plus2.jpg

No comment

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Long handshakes and timing out

Hi @WasJohn 

Since about 9pm last night we are seeing a constant connection. 

Are you noticing the issue on a wired or wireless device? 

Thanks,

MoR

WasJohn
Grafter

Just reconnected by cable and it's the same as wireless, slow, jerky and annoying!  Something is throttling the connections.

I have tried Opera and it is a bit better than the other three browsers. Doesn't it compress the packets or something - it may be a clue?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @WasJohn,

Thank you for connecting via ethernet and for confirming that the performance of your connection is the same as it is over wireless. I've retested your line and have added an update to the fault ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
WasJohn
Grafter

Today I'm getting a little bit upset. No reply about an engineer and I've spent a couple of hours on the phone with Netgear trying to get their modems to connect. Since one dropped out when  you were playing with the line I can only assume that some reset has fouled it up.  I can only now connect through the PlusNet router and today reaching this spot took 5 time outs.

In these circumstances what is my contractual position about deserting you for another supplier?

John

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @WasJohn

I have updated your ticket for you here. If you can please respond to this for me and let us know here when you've done it, I can get this organised for you.

With regards to moving to another supplier, to get out of your contract we would have to get an engineer out to your property, who can confirm that nothing can be done to fix the issue. If this is the case, and we cannot provide the service promised, then we can discuss this with you. However, until an engineer has attended we wouldn't be able to look at this option.

WasJohn
Grafter

May I please be allowed to get even more annoyed. I answered the ticket for an engineer but I've had no reply as when he is coming.

Now I can't use the phone because the line noise is too great or people to hear me.  Following printed advice on the Plusnet page I disconected the wireless phone and plugged in a direct dial, so that I could speak to Plusnet, but your system doesn't allow for a direct dial phone. I used my mobile to ring you but I'm told it's a 40 minute wait. 

Could someone, some individual at Plusnet, please solve these problems before I go an lie in the main road.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@WasJohn 

I can see you spoke to someone today who has confirmed the engineer appointment. They've also sent a text to the registered mobile too. Once the engineer has attended please let us know the outcome on to forums and we can check the engineer notes for you. 

WasJohn
Grafter

As my ticket will show, the engineer has been and done engineer things and seen the problem for himself. However the problem remains.

However there is one brilliant achievement, for which my thanks entirely go to [CSA Removed] of your support team who talked me through setting up the Draytek 130 modem. I got this to replace the Netgear DM200 which worked fine until the line was reset, despite phone calls to Netgear it decided to remain prejudiced to Plusnet.  I'm now back to house-wide internet with the Orbi router. So thanks Max for getting a plug & play to actually play Smiley

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @WasJohn,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing following the latest engineer visit. Please see the ticket here for the details of the next steps towards getting this resolved for you.

Thank you for your kind feedback. It's really nice to hear that the advisor was helpful in getting your Draytek modem set up - I've passed this on to his manager.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
WasJohn
Grafter

There may have been a slight improvement over the past week, but it's still not right especially when I regard the speeds recorded at BT Wholesale, this morning's is a bit low - which maybe why some sites just give up on me Embarrassed

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @WasJohn, I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and I've raised a ticket response regarding this issue which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you've responded to the ticket so that we can progress the investigation of the fault further along as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
WasJohn
Grafter

I think that it's about six weeks since I first raised this problem.  Today, wanting to see some progress, it took 15 attempts to log into Plusnet.  I leave questions on my ticket and no-one reads them.

There must be someone somewhere who could study this snag.  Would you like a video of my PC timing out? A telephone engineer has already witnessed the problem, but couldn't solve it.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the issues you're having I'm afraid there's no quick fix.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
WasJohn
Grafter

I'm beginning to realise that Undecided it's just that yesterday and today have been worse than for a while and I don't want my problem to sink to the bottom of the pile.  Are there any other servers that I could try?