cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logmein Slow

Gibby

Logmein Slow

Hi
We have an old F9 Business Premier account, which we have been having some speed issues with.
The main problem we are having is slow speeds when using Logmein to customer's PCs.  It tends to be really slow, or lock up completely and disconnect. 
We haven't noticed the problem when using remote desktop, or when using VPNs to customer's sites.
I've seen a lot of other threads on here about traffic shaping and SSL, could this bee the case? 
I'm unable to find our package in the list here:- http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
but I'm guessing it may be 'Legacy Premier Option 3' which has no limits during the times we use it.
Looking at our usage history, over half of our traffic is classed as 'Other'.  All we really do, is web browsing and remote support, so presumably the remote support is being classed as unknown?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Logmein Slow

i'm going to look deeper into this with a colleague shortly. On first impression it could seem that what you're doing with logmein isn't being correctly categorised, however that really would surprise me as there should be no rate limits on VPN for your package.
I'll get back to you ASAP when we've had a look into it.
Adam

EDIT:
Just a follow-up as we've just taken a close look at the analysis of your traffic over the past few days and you are being profiled correctly on our traffic management system and we don't see any traffic that's either uncategorised or heavily weighed in in one particular area. I've learnt that Logmein works by creating a reverse SSL tunnel which is different from a lot similar packages so in other word's it's classed as HTTPS traffic.
I'm wondering if you're only seeing this issue at certain times of day perhaps? or is it constant? if it is constant we'd need to look towards you perhaps performing some network captures for us using Wireshark.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gibby

Hi Adam thanks for the reply.
The problem is not constant, it can be working fine, stop for a while, then start working again - and repeat several times a day.  It has however just started occuring over the last month or so. 
We have a 2nd ADSL line, with another provider, and we haven't noticed it on this, so that's why I'm thinking it may be something your end.
If you need a wireshark, let em know.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

so that's why I'm thinking it may be something your end.

I have to keep an open mind but IMHO I'd tend to agree. Is it happening at any particular time of day when it does happen? If you could run some wireshark captures when using Logmein that would be really useful, thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
prichardson
Grafter

A capture would be useful in this case.
Please do ensure you start the capture before you initiate a connection to the remote host.
Gibby

Hi there, where should I send the wireshark logs?