cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging out of router home page

befuddled2

Logging out of router home page

This probably sounds really stupid. Logging out normally requires logging out somewhere physically. I don't see anywhere to do this when logging onto the router. Am I being really really thick Embarrassed
5 REPLIES 5
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Logging out of router home page

I don't use the Plusnet supplied router but my Asus RT-N56U router certainly has a log out facility, not that I ever bother to use it.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It is a missing Feature of the plusnet firmware I would guess, if you mean the TG582n.  Version 8.4.4.J only has switch user but you aren't logged out.  So it has a login page that has a temporary cookie for security so we have to manually type the login each time but we can't logout.
So if I leave my pc for 5 minutes after logging in to the router, anything could happen if a family member decided to play around.  Not tested it but think it stores that I am logged in cookie for 10 minutes,  so a 10 minute window of opportunity.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, you can't logout, just close the window. Even that doesn't log you out but after a period of inactivity the session cookie expires and users have to login again.
David
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

How about deleting the cookie, that should log you out (if it really is cookie based).  Huh
That's RPM to you!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Try closing the browser and then re-opening it, and see if you can get straight back in without a login!