cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to webmail

grahambeek
Dabbler

Logging in to webmail

I've just been had my broadband connected to Plus Net (Business Teleworker) and changed all my settings over and everything is fine. However, I created a new email address and sent something to it. I wanted to check on webmail to see if it had arrived, but I can't log in. Webmail is asking for a "name". I can put in my domain name and password but not email addresses.
Is it not possible to use webmail with an email address? It seems very limiting.
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Logging in to webmail

To login in to webmail you need to use <accountname>+<mailboxname> in the Name field

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Your default should just be your username and you'll need to use your account password.
Let me know if you have any further problems.
grahambeek
Dabbler

Hmmm...I'm confused. Must be having a "dim day"!
I have an account name "blah", so my email address is "graham.beek@blah.plus.com". I can log in to webmail using "blah" as the name with the correct password and everything works.
I created a new email address "fred.smith@blah.plus.com" with its own mailbox. I've put this email address in it's entirety into the name field and the right password but it doesn't work. I've also tried "fred.smith" on it's own (didn't expect this to work!), also "blah+fred.smith@blah.plus.com" and the same without the "+", but still no luck.
What do I need to put in?
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Simply
blah+fred.smith
My other car isn't a Ferrari
grahambeek
Dabbler

Doh!
Yep, definitely a dim day. I thought I'd tried that, but obviously not - the one that worked was the one I forgot to try.
Many thanks for the speedy response.
Graham