cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys X3500 - will not connect

maxip

Linksys X3500 - will not connect

Hi all
Bought a X3500 to replace an old Belkin router and when I first installed it, it worked. However, I made the foolish mistake of updating the firmware and since then, I simply cannot get the router to connect. I'm very IT literate and have tried every possible combination of settings I can think of as well as different cables / microfilters but to no avail. It's not my line / account as I can connect from my old Belkin & DLink routers with the same credentials.
Anyone who has this working, please can you post your settings to compare or if anyone has an older version of firmware, please post that - I have spoken to Linksys support who were pretty unhelpful and claim not to have any previous firmware versions available !!
Firmware Version:   v1.0.01 build 002 Oct 22, 2013
Internet setup - ADSL
Type - PPPoA
Multiplex - VC 0 / 38
QoS - UBR
DSL Modulation - Multimode
Username & password
MTU - manual 1400
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Linksys X3500 - will not connect

I'm not sure why it's not allowing you to connect, does the router gain sync without any problems?
maxip

Hi - it doesn't connect at all so I can't see any stats or error messages.
I've reset the router several times, re-flashed the firmware and just aboput everything else I can think of but to no avail. I'm hoping that someone will have an older firmware that I can try as it was working before I updated.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm not 100% sure on this routers model and firmware, but I'd have fully expected the newer firmware to work without any problems.
A quick Google can probably find some older firmware versions though.
maxip

You would think that Google could find a version, but I couldn't Sad
adie:Quote
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I’ll ask but please don’t bite me if you already checked this, did you download Annex A or B or did the router do the download and update itself?
You must have Annex A for UK versions or it will not connect (made this mistake myself Doh!), also did you do a hard reset after the update completed?
If the router did it you could try downloading the file from the Linksys Support site and manually doing the update yourself.
Regards, P.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

OK need to learn reading to L5 as I skipped your reply  Wink
Ignore, Regards P.