cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys EA6500

BobBloodaxe

Linksys EA6500

Hi,
Has anybody had any experience of using a Linksys EA6500 with Plus Net Fibre? I've got the router configured for PPPoE and it authenticates/connects to Plus Net but the broadband speeds are terrible and some websites timing out and not connecting at all. When connecting the Thomson back up and rebooting the BT modem everything comes back in.
There are quite a few issues and reports on the Cisco website but was wondering if anybody had got one of the EA6500 to work?
Thanks Bob
3 REPLIES 3
flaminmoses
Grafter

Re: Linksys EA6500

any news yet bob?
i got the e4200v2 yesterday and had to take it back.
configured it with pppoe.
the cisco connect software managed to get decent speed tests done but web pages were a nightmare.

maybe plusnet could emlighten us if there is an issue with the bt modem???
does that already have the login details .....i cant remember whether the engineer put these in?
BobBloodaxe

Hi flamin
I tried everything changing the MTU size on the Internet interface to running a Wireshark trace from my laptop. When surfing I could see the DNS responses from the plusnet DNS but web pages timing out, I think the BT modem is in bridged mode with the Cisco router handling the PPPoE.
I'm sending the unit back and looking for something else.
Bob
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: BobBloodaxe
I think the BT modem is in bridged mode with the Cisco router handling the PPPoE.

Correct.
When unlocked, (usually done for access to the stats), the HG612 can be used as a 2-port router if desired for any crazy reason. I expect the ECI one can as well.