cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys EA4500 - Has anyone got one working properly on Plusnet FTTC?

nrfraser

Linksys EA4500 - Has anyone got one working properly on Plusnet FTTC?

Hi,
I have seen a couple of posts in this forum relating to browsing problems with the Linksys EA4500 (and EA4200mk2 which is same hardware). I was wondering if anyone had one working succesfully. I bought one from Ebay recently (before I saw the other posts) and the previous owner said it had worked perfectly on Virgin Cable, but I can't get it to work properly on Plusnet FTTC. I have tried different firmware versions and done numerous factory resets. The problem is the same as others reported - some sites work ok (this one is fine) but most sites either only partially load, or time out and fail to load at all. I am using a VPN connection to my work ok, and some iphone apps connect ok, but others say no internet connection. I have tried IE9, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, and get similar problems with all browsers.
The Technicolour TG582N supplied by Plusnet works fine, as does a WD MyNET N600 which I have also tried. However I'm trying to find out whether this is a faulty router, or if it is just incompatible with Plusnet, because if it is incompatible I will sell it on, but don't want to be accused of selling faulty goods.
thanks
Niall