Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in OE 6

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Links in OE 6

I have I E 7 and O E 6 and Windows XP  Prevously I have been able to highlight links to web sites sent to me in E mails and go straight to the web site indicated, this doesnt seem to work and I have to copy and paste, How can I remedy this ? Any help apreciated  Thanks E
5 REPLIES 5
paulh
Rising Star

Re: Links in OE 6

Previously to what? What have you changed in your setup?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you turned on a pop-up blocking function in your security software? That is often the cause of the problem you mentioned.
David
stathe
Rising Star

I presume I had IE 6 and OE 5 I just upgraded from the Microsoft site when it was sugested by them
stathe
Rising Star

I have turned off the pop up blocker and links still dont work
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The following might not help as I choose to use Linux rather then Windows but I have a similar situation:
If I click a link in an email (Evolution rather than Outlook / Express) nothing happens, if I paste it into the address bar in my browser (Firefox / Epiphany rather than Internet Explorer) everything works.
What I have noticed is that if I have my browser already running then the link will work when clicked in the email, it does not work when the browser is not already running.
Different OS, different email client, different browsers but looks like a similar situation.
The answer might be as simple as checking default programmes (I think that's what it's called) in the control panel (sometimes also found at the top of the start menu) to ensure that IE7 is set as the default browser.  If IE6 is still set as default then clicking a link wil ltry to start IE6 and if nothing is set then no action will be taken by Windows.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.