cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line unstable since moved to IPStream Max

Hammer

Line unstable since moved to IPStream Max

It appears my broadband connection was moved from LLU to BT Wholesale and therefore IPStream Max yesterday.
Now my router doesn't stay connected for more than a few minutes at best.  I constantly get "DSL line down", "DSL not synced" messages and have to keep manually trying to reconnect and restart the router.
The downstream seems to show just over 6Mbps on the router, whereas my line was never stable at anything over 4Mbps before and this is probably the problem.
I appreciate with IPStream Max it takes some time to choose the best speed for the line, and I was told by customer support it will take 10 days!
Although the sync speed shows 6Mbps, running a speed test shows a download speed of 1.8Mbps, halsf the speed of what I had before.
Is this normal? and do I just have to put up with it and it will sort itself out in the end?, as at the moment connection quite unusable. 
1 REPLY 1
James
Grafter

Re: Line unstable since moved to IPStream Max

Hi Hammer,
Whilst I wouldn't say that it is normal, it can happen.
On the IPStream Max product, there's a training period of ten days during which time the system works out your optimal speed.  It sounds like it was initially trying to sync at a too high speed as you've noted from the speeds on your LLU service.
It should sort itself out automatically, but a reboot first thing in the mornings wouldn't go amiss.