Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed

Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Line speed

Hey Jarr,
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way with regards to the Plusnet Community Forums. There are tons and tons of experience and knowledge on these boards from both Staff and Customers, even ex-customers that still roam the boards.
Were you able to complete the speedtest at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ? - By completing the further diagnostics on the system, it will allow us to view the results and if needed, submit them along with a fault report to our suppliers.
We appreciate that not everyone is in a position to be able to connect directly to the modem, or the router via a direct cable connection. It is just preferred as it will eliminate the wireless connection (and the router).
The main thing to look at if you're connected to the wireless connection, is the speed the wireless is connected at - In order to provide you with the correct steps on how to find this information, are you able to advise what Operating System you are using on your computer?
Many thanks,
Matt
Jarr
Grafter

It's too much to do. I'll have to put up with the speed I'm getting.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sorry, I'm not sure I read that right -
Quote from: Jarr
It's too much to do.

Connecting my router directly to my pc is out of the question

You really can't manage to carry your 2010 Laptop (mentioned in a post in one of your previous threads) to the Router and plug it in by Ethernet cable and turn off the Wireless?
And then you can't do the following -
Run the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).

because it's too much to do?
Oh dear my little finger would get so tired out doing all those mouse clicks for the speedtest, never mind having to press all these keys to type a message.
People have been trying to help you to get the best from your setup, but you don't seem to be making an effort. You could have as much explanation or clarification as you need if you don't under stand something.
Judging by this forum Plusnet is looking a bit of a let down.

I really think the only let down round here is you letting yourself down!
Jarr
Grafter

Ok I plugged my ethernet cable in but it's still picking it up as wireless.
Jarr
Grafter

Aren't you the big man Anotherone. Bit of a keyboard warrior eh?
Jarr
Grafter

Nope nothing. I'm not an expert and all the instructions in different posts I don't understand. Is there any way I can cancel my contract or make an official complaint please? Either that or send someone out.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Jarr
Grafter

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
19.46 Mbps

0 Mbps 76.93 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 19.46 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-76.93 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 76.93 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
6.84 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.84Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
Jarr
Grafter

So still slow.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and if it is still by wireless then it may well be problems with the wireless signal.
Jarr
Grafter

Well there's nothing that can be done then.
Jarr
Grafter

Can I have a new modem and router.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why don't you ask Plusnet for a free new PC/laptop while you are at it - it's just as likely that that is the issue stopping you get your full line speed when using wireless.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Jarr
Grafter

hmmmm, good point.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Jarr
We don't know where the problem lies yet. If we sent an engineer out and he proved it was the wireless signal, then you'd be liable for a charge for the visit.
We really (and so would other ISPs) need this testing via ethernet before being able to investigate further as a fault.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.