cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed

RHouston

Line speed

Hi, I recently bought the Unlimited fibre service and my line is capable of 79Mb but on speed tests i am getting 38Mb download and 17Mb Upload and on the High-speed Broadband I am getting this.
Estimated line speed:
79Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-06-28 17:33:15
Current line speed:
40 Mb
10 REPLIES 10
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Line speed

It could well be that you have been put on the 40 / 20 package rather than the 80 / 20 someone from Plusnet should be able to do something about that once they see this.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi RHouston,
Apologies as this was a temporary issue due to our error.
I've passed on some feedback and have corrected it for you.
Any issues please drop us a reply.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RHouston

Thank you, How long will it be till i get upgraded to the 80/20 package
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've passed on some feedback and have corrected it for you.

Hi, that means I've fixed the issue so you're on it now.
If you don't receive the full speeds straight away I'd disconnect and reconnect by logging into the router (this shows you how to log into it if need be: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-advanced.shtml)
If you don't feel confident with that powering the BT modem off and back on should do the trick.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RHouston

Okay, Thank you very much for your help
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I wouldn't do it via the modem DLM will think something is wrong and act, It did every time my modem was powered off and then back on by the three engineer visits i had to fix my line fault, do it via the router only it doesn't drop the connection to the cab and DLM wont act. 
RHouston

Hi again, I have restarted my router twice over the past 2 hours and i have no success on the higher speeds i have still have 40Mb download and 20Mb Upload
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, sorry it looks like the profile had jumped back to 40mb on our side.
That shouldn't happen again, please try things now, reboot if there's no change and reply back if there's any issues beyond that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RHouston

Thats everything working now, thank you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for letting me know and thanks for bearing with us through the initial teething problem with your fibre service.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team