cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed regress.

stefen
Dabbler

Line speed regress.

Hi everybody, my problem is with a regression in line download speed. had a few problems a couple of months ago with connection, but once that was sorted I noticed an increase in download speed from .477mbps to .922 mbps. Jojo checked the line and set it to support the increase. All was well until this weekend, my speeds on friday had increased to 1.04mbps and was working fine, but by Saturday evening connection had gone slower and when checked, revealed it had dropped back to .910mbps and today is showing another reduction to .610mbps. i'm trying to head off the speed returning to the .4mbps levels. The only thing I noticed on saturday was a power cut. was this just a coincidence or could it have affected the broadband connection ? can u please check to see if the elastic band has not snapped and needs replacing.
Thanks in anticipation. Ste.
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Line speed regress.

Hi Ste,
The target SNR is back at 6dB, which was may have been caused by the power cuts. I'll try setting it back to 3db like we did before and see how it goes.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ste,
Looks like that's taken effect. Not sure how long it'll last though.
Jojo Smiley
stefen
Dabbler

thanks Jo for being so prompt - your'e a star !  it's been 'behaving' for the last month since you tweeked the line and actually went over the magic 1.kbps, so here's hoping it will return to its former glory.
cheers.
Ste.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hope so, Ste. Let me know how it goes Smiley
stefen
Dabbler

Just completed a quick speed check and its showing a download speed of 1.02kbps, so 'fingers crossed' its up and running. Thanks again. Ste.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great news, Ste. I do hope it holds out, but I'm surprised it does to be honest! Smiley