cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed dropped dramatically today

syates
Grafter

Line speed dropped dramatically today

From running at around 4500kbps download (router reporting 5248kbps) yesterday to 800kbps download today (router still reporting 5248 kbpsdata rate).
According to the last response you gave on my ticket #73971716, you said:
"Having checked I can see the connection has been up for the past 3 days at a profile of 1250kbps, our profile didn't appear to have updates so I've just done that now to bring that in line for you."
I immediately responded to this pointing out :
" I presume 1250kbps is a typo on your part, since the router is reporting 5250kbps at the moment."
The awful download speed we are getting now is in line with a 1250kbps profile......  If you have done this, can you please reset it to something sensible with the utmost urgency as these speeds are not "broadband".
6 REPLIES 6
syates
Grafter

Re: Line speed dropped dramatically today

Still no better this morning.  No reply to the ticket I opened last night  (but at least it states that "Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service") or to this forum post.
Bumping this as the speeds are unacceptable.
syates
Grafter

Monday Morning.. still no reply on the ticket and getting sick of seeing that grinning idiot and his fruit.
Speed still awful
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I've updated the profile to 4500kbps for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
syates
Grafter

Thank you.. that will do for a start.  Now all we need to do is to get the line speed I did have 15 months ago when all this started back.
picbits
Rising Star

Have you tried a different microfilter yet ? Some of these seem to die gradually over time.
Also worth testing in the master test socket for a few days if you haven't already done so to see if that helps with the line speed.
syates
Grafter

Thanks for the advice picbits, but I know the source of the drop in speed...
"Having checked I can see the connection has been up for the past 3 days at a profile of 1250kbps, our profile didn't appear to have updates so I've just done that now to bring that in line for you."