cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed capped at 1mb?

andybtsn

Line speed capped at 1mb?

Hi all,
I'm having a terrible time with my line speed at the moment after moving into our house (inheritied from inlaws) I was going to cancel Plusnet but willing to give them a chance, however, currently just my wife browsing the internet at the same time feels like we're back in the 90's!
Anyway, my line sync is at 1152/288, my first thought we are not on the adslmax line but after asking plusnet on twitter to investigate, they said we are on the max line but 1mb profile? I heard a similar story and the line got sync'd to 4000+
I asked BT and fast.co.uk and they said we have a line capable of 3mb+ after giving them our router stats.
My inlaws have been paying £12 for months for 1mb, seems harsh.
Any help appreciated.
Andy
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Line speed capped at 1mb?

The 288 upload makes that sound like a fixed 1Mb line rather than ADSLMax. Let me take a look and get back to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Something isn't looking right here. Your line is definitely showing as ADSLMax, but is at the exact speeds up and down for a fixed 1Mb line. We're trying an SNR reset to kick things into action and will pick it up as a fault if that doesn't work.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andybtsn

Thanks Chris. Presumably you picked up the fault I logged?
I won't be at the house until Saturday so won't be able to check anything until. Hopefully you can see from your end anyway.
Chris
Legend

Looks to have done the trick now, we see you syncing up at 5152/448
Might take a day or so for profiles to fully catch up and you see the fastest you can, but that's looking much more promising. I've passed the fault ticket back to you for now, if it's all fixed just leave the ticket and it'll time out, or if you're still having issues just log in to our website and reply to it and someone will pick it up.
andybtsn

Excellent. I'll look forward to testing it.
Thanks again.
Andy