cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed V's actual speed

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Line speed V's actual speed

OK, so there was a fault on my line which BT Openreach fixed on Friday. (apparently there was a second connection in the junction box going somewhere else)
I originally raised the query because the actual I get is about half the estimated speed. Now the fault has been fixed, apparently I should be able to get a much better speed.
According to BT Wholesale speed checker though my broadband speed is still below what it should be.
Should I raise another ticket for this, or is this the best I can expect?
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line speed V's actual speed

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

I have, yes. It says pretty much the same thing.
Phone exchange:
    STIRLING
Estimated line speed:
    78Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-02-02 14:48:57
Current line speed:
    40 Mb
This has not been updated since I signed up. The speed check was done on Sky's equipment.
The reply I got regarding the line fault was that my broadband should now also be running at full speed. BT Wholesale seem to think the acceptable spped range for my connection should be between 60mbs and 77.43mbs. I agreed to sign up on this basis, and wondered whether these speeds are likely.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is an easy fix - should be picked up here
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Jolly good. I'm still quite chuffed with PlusNet over-all compared with Sky. Customer service is amazing by comparison, and my broadband has been completely stable. A line fault that Sky refused point blank to acknowledge has been addressed. (The BT bloke was a bit hacked off that it wasn't picked up on a previous visit.)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just corrected the speed profile for you so you should see some improvement straight away.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You may need to disconnect/reconnect the router (not the modem)
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Super guys. I'll see if anyone is home at the moment and ask them to run a test. If not, I'll do it this evening.
Thanks again. This company should be a benchmark for all others.