cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed Help

StuMac
Dabbler

Line speed Help

I live in the middle of nowhere and until recently the best broadband speed I could get was less than 1.0Mb. I've just been informed that the line has been updated and we're now able to get superfast broadband.
Is there any chance you could 'reset' the line settings to see if we're able to now get the 17mbs with the package we're paying for please?
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this type of request but you've been super helpful in the past with resetting the line when speeds have dropped.
Many thanks,
Stu
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Line speed Help

Have you put your phone number in here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html to see what BT thinks you should be able to get.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The availability of FTTC / FTTP doesn't change the speed you can get while you're still using ADSL from the exchange.
StuMac
Dabbler

Ahhh, thank you very much for posting that. I guess it wasn't quite as simple as I thought it would be. The ADSL line max speed is still 0.75 -> 2.5 but fibre is now available. I completely forgot that they are 2 different systems.
Thank you very much for your help. I think this post can be closed now as it has been very kindly answered.
Thanks guys.
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If you are out of your minimum term with plusnet on your ADSL service, and you want to stay put with plusnet you may be able to get a decent deal ( beeter than using the upgrade account function in the member centre), likewise if your minimum term is nearly up it may be worth waiting a little while, on the flip side of that if thre are cheaper/better value deals out there then move, its probably better to avoid using your plusnet email and switch to another email provider ( ie hotmail/outlook/gmail) as this will make changing ISP a lot easier.
Heres what you need to do:
Search for internet providers and come up with the cost over the lifetime of the contract ( minimum term)
add things such as call packages ( anytiime/evening/weekends)
Service fees such as access to 1571, caller ID and so on
Line rental both with and without any line rental saver/pay up front offer
Internet cost
and any other costs
Wirte it all down on paper so its in front of you, and call up plusnet and select thinking of leaving, tell them that so and so work out £X per month where as plusnet will cost me £xx per month and see what they can do