cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line reset

DieselSheff
Grafter

Line reset

Hi could i possibly get a line reset done as iv been down to 3meg for about a week now and im paying for 13meg which is what i had prior to the router breakage in the storm
22 REPLIES 22
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Line reset

Can you please post your full router stats and the other information requested in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi DieselSheff,
Unfortunately an SNR Reset isn't going to resolve this issue for you. It looks as though your 'Loop Loss' an identifier of the length of your line is showing as incorrect from the testing that I've done. When this happens your speeds won't be great. I've attached your line details.
Is the router you've got brand new? If it is are you able to try an alternative microfilter?
DieselSheff
Grafter

all thats changed with the router is changed power supply . so can this problem not be rectified then
DieselSheff
Grafter

what can be done to rectify this? because i will be cancelling the contract if im expected to be on 4meg from 13 for forseeable future
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think fixing the issue would be the best option.
As your 'Loop Loss' is showing incorrectly, I'd follow the steps on http://faults.plus.net
If I did an SNR Reset, the line wouldn't perform any better, we're better getting the underlying issue fixed.
DieselSheff
Grafter

mate i no your a techie but all that is mumbo jumbo to me basically i think i need a new router cos summat happened to it during the storm n had problems ever since . would you be able to send me a new router ? as a gesture of good will and been a customer for over a year
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd prefer to explain what I've said.
If you look at the attachment I posted on reply #2, you'll see a figure next to 'Loop Loss'. The Loop Loss gives a figure between 1 and around 90 (1 being a very short line and 90 being a very long line).
Your Loop Loss should be around 30, instead of the 75 we can see, so we know there is something wrong.
I'll drop you a private message now on where we move forwards with this.
DieselSheff
Grafter

ok thanks
DieselSheff
Grafter

Broadband speed still under par

I have recently installed a new router and am still recieving 3meg download this is fairly disappointing could any1 do me a line check to see where the problem is occuring Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Post merged existing thread
Please keep your problem in one place to assist in troubleshooting
What are the line stats with the new router - speed, noise margin and attenuation
DieselSheff
Grafter

how do i find all that out dude?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Which router have you got
This may help http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
DieselSheff
Grafter