cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line reset please

Biz55
Dabbler

Line reset please

Ever since recent Openreach repair to our broken landline my broadband speed has decreased from about 10mbps to 7mbps.

I have read that others have resolved this with a line reset. So can I please get a reset ?

20 REPLIES 20
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Line reset please

Hi @Biz55 I'm struggling to find a recently fault on your account we have for you. When was this fault please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Biz55
Dabbler

The problem is happening all the time.

I used to get about 10mbps. Ever since Openreach repaired my land line recently, I am down to about 7mbps. Would it be possible to try improving this with a reset ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Biz55 As Claudia has asked - when (roughly) did OR 'repair' your line?

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biz55 

A line reset is the only solution if your broadband connection has become stuck after becoming 'banded' or had a 'capped profile' applied,  but won't improve a connection that is performing badly due to ongoing interference, sub-optimal phone socket wiring, or an external line problem.

Perhaps @jab1 can walk you through (with his useful scripts) how to post here your router's DSL stats, so we can advise why you are seeing slower speeds than previously.

jab1
Legend

Happy to oblige, @Anonymous 

For Community members to be able to help, information from these sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband Availability Checker (obscuring your phone number), where a landline phone is no longer supplied or known use the address version BT Broadband Address Availability (obscuring your address)

BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS'. This test is recommended to be performed with only one device connected.

Sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would also be of help.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

Where the phone line is still active, it may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
Biz55
Dabbler

Thanks.

Openreach repaired the landline on Tuesday 9th February.

jab1
Legend

Last year then?

John
Biz55
Dabbler

Woops.

January

Biz55
Dabbler

Thanks very much John. Here are some screenshots. ( my router is Tp_Link not BT Hub)

plusnet1.jpgPlusnet2.jpgPlusnet3.jpg

jab1
Legend

@Biz55 It appears from that that you are suffering from xDSL failures - unless you intentionally have disconnected - note the 'uptime'.

Your router is also reporting an 'max achievable' which is not supported by the information on the BTW page.

John
Biz55
Dabbler

I did switch the router off and on a few times yesterday when Plusnet had an outage.

jab1
Legend

OK - that was unfortunate, and not something I would recommend as a standard practise. Does your router have a readable error log?

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@Biz55 

TP-Link xDSL router logs are usually here Click Advanced > System Tools > System Log page.

It should be possible to save the log as a a text file which can be attached to a post

HTH

Biz55
Dabbler

Log Attached thanks