Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line reset for new router?

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Line reset for new router?

Hi Support,
Following what is seemingly a gradual degradation in service over the past six months I am beginning to suspect that my ageing TG585 could be to blame. Given the more local problems I am occasionally having with (wifi drops, router locking up, etc) I can’t help but feel it’s time for a new router.
So, just to reassure myself that this is the best course of action, I have borrowed a TP-Link TG-W8968 router from a chap down the road whilst he is away on holiday. It has connected fine (at the very same sync rate but still lower than what I have regularly had in the past) but I am wondering if parameters set as a result of my existing setup could be stifling what it is capable of?
I was wondering therefore if you might be able to reinitiate the training for my line to accelerate reaching the potential for this new setup? I’ve got 14 days to see if this router is the one for me and so if you are able to facilitate this it would be appreciated.
Of course, if this is not the done thing, or if my understanding is way off, then please don’t hesitate to set me straight!
Many thanks,
Mathew
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Line reset for new router?

Hi Mathew,
I've checked your connection and a line reset would not be of any benefit, your line has synced slightly higher(6654kbps) than previous. I've adjusted your speed profile to reflect this.
Your SNR is currently at 2.8dB though which is low if you're having issues it may well be worth setting this to 6dB. It may be best just to see how you get on with this router and then decide then.
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Line reset for new router?

Thanks Chris. It's a shame; I've had many months of >8k sync rates, with uptimes reaching 10's of days,  so the past few months in comparison have been cause for concern.
My long term plan is to move to fibre but in the meantime I'm trying to make the most of what I have.