cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line profile after upgrade to fibre

kevgti
Grafter

Line profile after upgrade to fibre

I've had my fibre installed today, but my download speeds are stuck at 3.5Mb (this matches my current line profile shown in the member centre), upload speeds are around 16Mb.
BT wholesale speedchecker has my download IP profile at 77.44Mb.
I assume the slow download speed is due to the plusnet line profile... but how long does it take for this to adjust up to fibre speed, I was hoping for almost instantly, but it's been 4 hours now and i've tried a reboot of the router but that doesn't seem to have changed it.
10 REPLIES 10
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Line profile after upgrade to fibre

You can either phone up now and ask for your Current Line Speed to be updated, or wait until tomorrow when the CRT should pick up this thread and do it for you.
shunter4
Hooked

Hi,
I am having the same problem.  After the fibre was installed I called PN to ask if they needed to change anything but was told that this should be fixed by 8pm when the engineer is likely to report that the job has been done.  Download speed is still stuck at my 13mb adsl connection but ip profile says it should be 72.  Don't have time to call again over the next few days so would be grateful if someone could update my line speed from here too.
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi kevgti,
I've checked your account that's linked to your Community account but can't see any mention of a move to Fibre, is it on a different account?
@shunter4 - I've updated your account, your speed profile should have now updated. you may need to restart your Plusnet router (not Openreach Modem) for the changes to take effect. Apologies for the spat of e-mails that have probably just come your way too!
kevgti
Grafter

Hi Chris,
My PN account did change about 5 years ago so my forum account could still be linked to the old account and I can't see how I update it.
kevgti
Grafter

OK I think i've updated the community site to have my current PN account linked (was looking in forum settings rather than Communty site settings) - fingers crossed!
DanHodby
Grafter

Morning kevgti,
I don't think its updated or at least not for me.
Do you want to PM me your current account username?
Thanks,
Dan
shunter4
Hooked

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the quick response.  I will restart my PN router when I get home this evening.
Thanks again
kevgti
Grafter

Hi Dan
I've  PM'd you my username
DanHodby
Grafter

Cheers Kevin, it should be sorted for you now.
kevgti
Grafter

Thanks Dan, It's sorted - now getting super fast download speeds.