Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line or HUb One router issue not sure

FIXED
darksideone
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Line or HUb One router issue not sure

Hi, first post so be gentle!  I'm a long time broadband customer and have never really had any line issues, although typically only a 7.5mb download speed due to how far we live from the exchange.  I decided to upgrade to fibre on the 18th Nov and an order was put through and a new Hub One posted out to me to replace the 2704n (my landline is now coming over as well on 2nd Dec). 

The Hub One arrived yesterday and initially I thought it would only work with FTTC but as it's essentially a HH5 I'd read that works with standard ADSL as well.  So I hooked up the Hub One yesterday and it worked immediately, certainly a performance upgrade with the twin wifi channels and same 7.5mb connection.

In fairness when I ordered the Hub One I was told it wouldn't work with ADSL but after getting it working really well for 24 hours it has suddenly stopped connecting this evening after going through a period of intermittent disconnects.

Does anyone know if the Hub One should work with ADSL or have I jumped the gun and it is only really configured for when my FTTC goes through in early Dec?  Additionally when the router was working for a whole 24 hours it was quite noisy when under load, is that normal too? (like a high pitched whine).

I've reconnected the trusty 2704n and all is well again, I just wanted to rule out line issues or an issue with the Hub One.  Thanks in advance.   

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Line or HUb One router issue not sure

The Hub one should work OK with ADSL, as does the HH5.

I don't suppose you have a Chromecast do you? There have been a lot of similar problems reported today?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Welcome to the forums Smiley

It should work fine with ADSL

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
darksideone
Hooked

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I have a chromecast audio but it's not actually plugged in!  I did read that in the forums though but thanks for the suggestion

darksideone
Hooked

Thanks for confirming that.  I did check the Hub One in the master socket test plug and had the same issues.  I'm either thinking a faulty Hub One or line issues that the 2704 deals with much better than the Hub One?  

darksideone
Hooked

Update: Webchat with Plusnet rep.  Wanted me to complete  a fault form.  This doesn't appear to raise a ticket or have any way to track though? Having gone through the steps and checks  I'm confident this is a router or line issue.  Still perplexed how the Hub One performed brilliantly at first and then 24 hours later lots of disconnects.  Apparently Fibre should go live on 25/11 but I'll report back any findings which may have value for other members.  

darksideone
Hooked

Fix

I've attached an image of the ticket update from Plusnet support (can anyone decipher this!).  Seems like they haven't read my ticket when I submitted as I've already done all the checks they suggested. So it seems it is either the line/profile or the Hub One router.  Although everything has been fine with my BB today.  Here's my response to the ticket, not sure how to proceed now?

"Hi the 13 drops in last 24 hours will be due to me changing over and using the Hub One which as i have mentioned was stable for the first day (22nd Nov) but then in the proceeding 24 hours (23rd Nov) suffered from continual drop out and eventually would not connect to the internet. This happened despite me connecting the Hub One to the test socket. I then replaced the Hub One with my 2704n and everything has been fine. It is no coincidence that as soon as I changed my router I experienced drop outs. However, I wish to use my Hub One, could you tell me if my transfer to FTTP which I was told by you would be 25/11 will make a difference. I either see an issue with the line or the Hub One router being the cause here".