cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line migrated but account not active and CS won't activate it!

OllyM
Grafter

Line migrated but account not active and CS won't activate it!

I recently moved my mum's internet connection over to Plusnet and originally placed the order with a migration date of January 2nd. When the confirmation came through it said the 3rd and I assumed it was just the same confusion as my own FTTC migration where they said it would activate a day later than intended.
It's a 20CN only exchange and she had Max Premium before. This morning the connection resynced at 448 up and shortly after 9am her old ISP's login details no longer work which suggests to me the migration has happened today. Her Plusnet account isn't active and she called and asked for them to activate it but after waiting over 30 minutes the person in support said that the migration was due to take place tomorrow not today and there was nothing they could do.
Would it be possible for a member of Plusnet staff to look at this and get it sorted? I'm beginning to regret recommending Plusnet to her Sad
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line migrated but account not active and CS won't activate it!

can you provide a username so that it can be identified
OllyM
Grafter

No need, she called again and this time got somebody else who activated the account, why the first person couldn't have done this I don't know!
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

maybe because when she called the first time PN hadn't had confirmation back from OR that the migration had completed.
and when she called back again, the confirmation had arrived.
why does everyone always jump straight the incompetent or conspiracy theory when all that is needed is a little patience.
you were given a date of the 3rd and it is now activated for you a day early, yet you are still finding something to complain about and apparently "regretting recommending"... .jeez give us all a break!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because the first agent could have activated it as requested even if confirmation hadn't been received.
The effect was that what should have been a seamless change wasn't and the customer lost broadband when they shouldn't
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The CSC agent followed the correct process, which is to check the order has completed before activating an account. It is possible to activate an account on our side manually before the order completes as you've seen.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
OllyM
Grafter

Quote from: chenks76
you were given a date of the 3rd and it is now activated for you a day early, yet you are still finding something to complain about and apparently "regretting recommending"... .jeez give us all a break!

The date was wrong though. The migration happened today, not on the 3rd.
Migrations should be seamless, they shouldn't come with a day's downtime because Plusnet's systems are wrong.