Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line has slowed down!!

FIXED
richardglover65
Dabbler

Line has slowed down!!

Hi,

Been a plusnet customer for about 3 years and had very few problems (yay).  However, over the last few days, my internet speed has dropped drastically from around 8Mbps to 1.5-2Mbps (boo).  The connection will also periodically drop out for no apparent reason.  I've tried restarting the router to no avail and I've run speed tests on 3 different devices (1 standing right next to the router), which all yield the same result.  I'm afraid I can't easily test the connection wired up as I don't have a lead and my PC is 2 rooms away from the router.

Could someone please check things out at your end and see if there's any problems there?

Many thanks.

Richard Glover

5 REPLIES 5
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Line has slowed down!!

Fix

Hi @richardglover65,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband service and I'm glad to see your connection has been operating as expected for 3 years!

After testing your line we have detected an external fault and have been provided an estimated response time of 06/11/18 anytime up to midnight by our suppliers. You can check the progress of the fault by visiting this ticket.

In the meantime I have reset the line, this will improve the speed while the fault is resolved.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
richardglover65
Dabbler

Hi and thanks for the reply.  I've just done another speed test and it's now up to about 4.8Mbps, so thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on the ticket and post again if I see any more changes by the 6th. Smiley

richardglover65
Dabbler

Hi again,

Had a text message from Openreach today to say the engineer has been and the fault has been fixed.  The connection hasn't dropped all day so that seems to be solved.  Now though, after performing several speed tests throughout the day, the speed is hovering at around 4Mbps instead of the 8Mbps it was before the problem started.  I've reset the router but that hasn't helped.  Can anything be done at your end to improve the speed please?

Thanks Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear the drops have stopped but not that your speeds haven't increased.

From what I can see your router was connected at lower speed after the visit but it has since dropped and connected at around 8.3mbps.

Can you retest the speed and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
richardglover65
Dabbler

Hi,

Sorry to take a while replying but I wanted to give it 2 or 3 days to ensure everything was good, and I'm happy to report it is.  The speed is back up to normal and I haven't had a single dropped connection.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this problem.  It's very much appreciated Thumbs_Up