cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault fixed, speed remains appallingly slow

beelzebomb
Hooked

Line fault fixed, speed remains appallingly slow

BT fixed a line fault (reported 28/12/13) early Saturday morning, speeds were - and still are - an awful 0.19mb download.
I was told nothing could be done & to keep router on and that I had to wait 3 days for computers to 'see' line was stable again.
A day later I receive an update to my case to the opposite effect - that my line could indeed be reset, and to switch off router for 10 seconds after 3 hours had passed.
Well, I did this and the speed remains the same, 3 days has also now passed. If the advice to switch off my router was wrong & has now set back this 3 day window to zero again I will not be very amused at all.
I work from home as a web designer, and this is completely crippling my ability to work & earn money! This seeming inability for those that supply my broadband to be able to improve the speed or have any control over it for this period of time after a line fault is fixed is frankly ridiculous.
I've no idea what info might be helpful so here goes:
IP Profile for your line is - 8.36 Mbps
Uptime: 0 days, 20:23:43
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 9,482
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 101.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 16.5 / 32.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 28.5 / 5.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 1,008,466
CRC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 3,526
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 3,306
Current line speed:            0.2 Mb
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Line fault fixed, speed remains appallingly slow

Hi there,
There was a problem that prevented some SNR resets we submitted yesterday to fail unfortunately. I've just submitted another which appears to have done the trick. Please let me know if not.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beelzebomb
Hooked

Re: Line fault fixed, speed remains appallingly slow

Thanks for the prompt reply, speed now showing as 5.17mb, which while still under half the predicted 11mb for my particualr  set-up, is at last usable.
Should I log off for ten seconds as per previous instruction and can I then expect the figure to rise again over time?
Thanks