cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line chronically banded... how to get it reset?

awigham

Line chronically banded... how to get it reset?

I have had an ongoing problem with my broadband for 3 months. I had serious noise problems that were casuing the line to drop connection frequently.  I have had 3 engineers visit the house and 3 subsequent training period following their visit. After the 3rd visit the problem of noise finally seems to have been rectified (lightenening damage to line into the house!).  After this visit another training period was commenced and the line was great during the training.. no loss in signal and good download speeds etc etc then as soon as the training completed I went back to a low synch speed and associated low downloads. Everytime a test on my raised question is run it shows I have WBC 1M-2M with an INP of 4 or 4.5. This was the case even during any training period. Also one technician said plusnet had not recieved any update for my profle from the exchange for weeks/months but did not give me an explanatin as to why and how this could be rectified.  Plusnet has not had information from my line throughout from way before my ne training period!It says in numerous places on this website that information is recieved from the exchange daily so this doesnt make any sense.
In a library post on this site here-
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-banding-guide/
It says that an INP of 4 means the line is chronic banded and the dlm cant change it. So how can I get this changed? No one I have spoken to at plusnet seem to know what I am talking about when I have asked.
I would just like my line to be unbanded a new training period to happen after this has been done and for regular information to be recieved at plusnet from the exchange so I can connect at the best speed my line is capable of!
10 REPLIES 10
awigham

Re: Line chronically banded... how to get it reset?

Can anyone help with this?  Please.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There won't be any staff on here until Monday but in the meantime if you posted the information requested here we may have some ideas http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Note duplicate thread removed
awigham

I only posted it again because no-one is replying here or on my 3 MONTH old question and now at the end of my patience. I have always recommended Plusnet to others and even had business put in plusnet on my recommendation based on the customer service and support.. I no longer will be doing so
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced awigham I'm not au fait with the current process of removing banding but I will chase that up for you.
If you can bear with me I'll get back to you tomorrow at the latest.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
awigham

Thank you Adam,  I would appreciate any help or explanation as to the problem
Regards
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, it's more straightforward than I anticipated. An SNR reset should remove chronic banding.
I'm assuming that either hasn't been done previously or a previous request for one failed (which can happen from time to time).
I've just submitted another reset which should complete within a few hours.
Please reply back if that doesn't seem to help.
Adam
EDIT:
Just a quick update to let you know that I can see that the SNR reset was successful, the profile has updated to 2818kbps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@Adam
Have you updated the Plusnet profile as well
awigham

Wow Thank you!!! Smiley I am now synching at  at 3191kbps which is what about where i was prior to all the issues!  Does this mean I am now in a ne training period and need to be careful of powering off modem etc?  I have bought another new router but will not change it just now if its retraining.
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I am not sure but it would be a good idea to assume that you are.
It depends on whether the reset included a retrain but there is a distinct possibility that it did