cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line activation

steverob2k

Line activation

Why does it take so long to activate a line? I placed my order over a week ago and they are giving a date of 2 weeks time. So having paid the initial cost and 1st months subscription I wont be using it for that first month!
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Line activation

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had to wait a fair amount of time for your service to go live.
The reason for this is that there was something called a PSTN Cease order going through on your line which has only just completed.  This will presumably have been the BT Line cancellation from the previous tenant of your property?  Either way, it's a telephone line stop order (on the BT Retail side of things) and meant that we're unable to place an order until this has been completed.
As I'm sure that you are now aware, we have now placed your broadband order and this is due to complete on the 19th.  I'm sorry if this wasn't properly explained to you previous and I hope that you now have a better understand as to why there has been a delay in your order.
Regarding your payment, you shouldn't need to worry.  We don't "start" your first month until your service has actually gone active.
steverob2k

Re: Line activation

Yes the previous tennat only recently cancelled the BT landline a few weeks back and it has only just been reinstated. Thanks for the quick response.