cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line activation

Roblister
Grafter

Line activation

Is there usually much of a wait to get a line activated.  I have migrated of from a LLU supplier today and was led to believe that the phone and internet would be activated pretty much together.  The phone went off this morning and came back with Plusnet just after lunch. I received a text to confirm.  Very nice touch.  My router is saying its got a good ADSL connection to the exchange but at the moment is failing the PPPoA handshake with a Username or Password error.  I presume this is something Plusnet have to setup now. 
Also when I first turned the router on I was linking into the exchange at 8128000bps but it's now 7744000 which I suspect is due to me resetting the router a few times.  Is this likely to return to the higher rate?  There are no CRC errors.
- Online via a poor 3G signal-
2 REPLIES 2
Dmitchell
Grafter

Re: Line activation

Hello there.
I've checked on your order and it's showing as complete. We advise that sometimes simultaneous orders can take up to 24 hours to fully complete.
As your order is showing as complete now, Rather than waiting for the system to automatically activate your account (sometimes this takes up till midnight) I've activated it manually.
You should now be able to run through the set-up process and get online.
Your line profile will have dropped due to the disconnections like you said, this will increase during the first 10 days of your connection.
Let me know if you have any issues and welcome to Plusnet Smiley
Dean
Roblister
Grafter

Re: Line activation

Hi Deano.  As you say it is now active and working.  Thank's for the input there. 
We go away on holiday for a week this Friday and will probably turn the router off.  I hope that doesn't impact on the final line speed by upsetting this 10 day thing.