Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line activation times

manfromthezoo
Grafter

Line activation times

Peoples of the liberal PN republic,
I have a question re: activation times. The last time I waited for a line to be activated was about 5 years ago, so I've no idea how long it takes really. All I know is that when I've signed friends up to PN, the line has been activated very fast. I've got a projected activation date of the 21st....however in the past I've noticed activation happening a couple of days earlier that the date specified in the Order Tracker.
I received my hardware today...does this mean I'm any closer to an early activation  Grin ?
I'm clucking to get online, desperate for it in fact. Can any PN bods let me know if I'm close to being 'done'?
thanksies  Kiss
7 REPLIES 7
scootie
Grafter

Re: Line activation times

connect the router up and try it out. if you get a sync then PN will acativate your account early
manfromthezoo
Grafter

Cool, I'll try when I get in tonight!
Thanks.
scootie
Grafter

if you do get a sync but dont get a connection to PN after a couple of try's then call them up and they will put your account live the manual way
manfromthezoo
Grafter

This is all brilliant advice, ASBO, thanks.
It really was worth signing up in here.
manfromthezoo
Grafter

It worked  Grin
I'm updating now from my new PN connection. I knew the router was syncing, but there was no throughput from there. Called up and asked for the account to be activated now. The chap on the end of the line seemed a bit confused and stated that he would enable the account but didn't think it would work until tomorrow or the day after.
Waddya know, I tried 5 minutes later and there it was. All working.
Thanks ASBO, that was a great tip and has gotten connected to ye interwebs a whole 48 hours ahead of schedule.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Enjoy Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Re:Line activation times

Welcome to Plusnet, and to the forums. Smiley