Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Threshold Speeds - "Acceptable Range"

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Line Threshold Speeds - "Acceptable Range"

Quote from: Oldjim
... I am now synching way above the values during the training period and I don't know why but I am not complaining

But, as we established, if you want the ability to complain should your speed drop-off you ought to ask for a re-train so you get an improved Fault Threshold Rate.  This is actually quite important because it means the difference between having a speed problem addressed or being told nothing can be done.
JamesM
Grafter

Re: Line Threshold Speeds - "Acceptable Range"

Just found this on Kitz...
"RAMBO collates events from all users and analyses each users data over a 10 day period to find the Maximum Stable Rate (MSR) for their particular line. The MSR is set from the lowest achieved rate over this 10 day period rounded down to the nearest 0.5Mb. A notification after this period is sent to the RAP profile and your ISP.

During your first ever log in to maxdsl, information is sent from RAMBO over to RAP which forwards the details over to the DSLAM at the exchange in order to set your sync speed."

Read more: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/maxdsl2.htm#ixzz25Wp8xqim
So if this is correct, it's your first retrain that counts. This means that my speed was as low as 8.7 which is getting close to the 8.4 FTR which I was when I first was switched to 21CN. If it isn't correct and it is the latest FTR then I have no chance of ever getting a fault.