cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Stats on TG582n Router

jsm51
Grafter

Line Stats on TG582n Router

I  am probably being quite thick here but I can't find the line stats on my router. I became a Plusnet customer on Tuesday on an FTTC service. I have looked at the following reference
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml#lineStats
but when I try to get access to the stats, all I get is information about IP addresses, connection information etc but no details of line speeds, attenuation error rates etc. The software release for the router is 8.C.M.0. What have I missed?
I am particularly interested because the Openreach guy tells me that we will be cut over to a new length of copper cable next week that will replace some of the old aluminium cable that we have here. I am keen to see what difference it might make. So far everything has gone well in the changeover and I am getting 12Mb/s against a predicted 11.4 Mb/s.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Line Stats on TG582n Router

There's no line stats in the router because the router because the router doesn't handle the line. That is done by the BT modem and BT have locked down the modem so you can't get at them. There are places where you can get information on unlocking the modem, but I wouldn't recommend it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jsm51
Grafter

Re: Line Stats on TG582n Router

Thanks. I'd hoped that the two boxes might talk to each each other but I guess not.