cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Reset please?

Mikejstephens
Grafter

Line Reset please?

Any chance of another line reset please.  Noisy line again last night -(see previous ongoing intermittent problems)  Router reset has no effect and 21cn exchange not rectifying (see attached BT  Speedtester).  Profile still OK at 3.75.
Many thanks - Mike
81 REPLIES 81
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Line Reset please?

Hi Mike,
I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced problems again. I've just taken a look at your line and I just can't believe that this service is anywhere near acceptable. The results from the test indicate that your line is performing worse than any other line connected to your telephone pole - a major concern in my opinion.
I'm happy to do a Line Reset for you, however, would you mind raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net so I can take a look at the underlying issue for you? Once you've raised a fault, I'll do you a line reset.
Mikejstephens
Grafter

I could raise a fault but this problem has gone on since June 2012 and so far we've had 14 Openreach engineers to the house and completely rewired inside and the router is plugged directly into the NT5 socket.  The E side pair has been replaced but undoubtedly the problem lies in the D side pair in the lane from the junction box at the top of the village.  The noise problems often only last a few hours and inevitably when the engineer tests the line there are no problems so thereforeOpenreach are not allowed to even try a new D side pair!!  You can imagine my frustration and reluctance to have yet another engineer tramping through the house (probably leading to divorce this time!!) only to tell me that the line is perfect and to call them when the noise reappears!!!  BT Wholesale were unable to have any influence when we were with them so I don't know where to go from here.
If you could do a line reset for the time being it should last another couple of weeks anyway.  Good luck.  Many thanks again.  Mike
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate the history of the fault, and I can understand your stand point. I've completed the Line Reset for you. If you change your mind and do want to pursue the issue further, please let me know and I'd be happy to see what I can do for you.
Mikejstephens
Grafter

Thanks Chris - I have raised a fault (again!) but with no hope of having it solved.  I'm not prepared to have another engineer in the house and would want the line simply tested from the exchange to the pole and any faults sorted from there.  I think I've been more than patient over 2 years and just can't believe the incompetence and bureaucracy and sheer arrogance of Openreach.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll do what I can. It's unlikely that I can do a lot without having an engineer visit at least once if I'm being honest. If you agree to have one, I can speak to the engineer on-site and take things from there.
I can do testing between the exchange and to your property, however, access to your NTE is vital for engineers to carry out full testing on the line unfortunately.
Mikejstephens
Grafter

Chris.  Please do what you can from your end and if you can find a line fault between the exchange and my property, we'll take it from there.  As a last resort I'll have Openreach engineer 15 around but I have no confidence in them whatsoever.  After this long they really need to simply try another D side pair and see if it corrects the fault - after everything else that's been done it's the only thing left to change!
All is back to normal after your reset so many thanks for that.  Cheers Mike
Mikejstephens
Grafter

Chris
Just seen the reply on the current logged fault - still blaming possible internal fault, even after 23 months of intermittent faults, 14 engineers and a complete house rewiring by OpenReach engineers, including having the router plugged directly into a new NTE5 socket!  I really am not prepared to have another engineer to the house but would like the line THOROUGHLY CHECKED over several days from the cabinet to the pole.  Thanks for all your help in reseting etc. but I fear the intermittent fault will not be solved and a s long you you are happy to do the resets every 2 -3 weeks I'll just have to live with it.  Yours very patiently and calm!!!  Mike
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me.
The statement that's been provided on the ticket is a statement that we put on most of our ticket responses, purely to ensure that all the relevant checks have been done - this isn't to say that you haven't. I know you've done the relevant checks, so it fine.
I'll be honest though, the next step is going to be to get an engineer out, who will need access to your telephone socket for testing purposes, so if you could let e know when you'll be free (include weekends just in case) I'll get one sorted out for you.
Mikejstephens
Grafter

Thanks Chris but I'm still not happy having another engineer to the house.    This is an intermittent fault and NEVER shows up when the engineer is present.  To be honest it is a complete waste of everybody's time and energy just to find this out once again.  As I mentioned, the line needs to be FULLY checked as far as the pole outside, if this can't be done without access to the house then I'll live with it.  Cheers, Mike
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, sorry, there's not much I can do without a visit.
If you change your mind at any time, let me know.
Mikejstephens
Grafter

Thanks for your help Chris -really appreciate it - but I have no faith whatsoever in OR finding the fault so I'll live with it unless it escalates. Cheers Mike
Mikejstephens
Grafter

Chris - something gone drastically wrong again! Can you reset for time being and I'll raise a fault tomorrow.  Cheers Mike
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Mike,
I do feel for you - I had a long running issue with some 18+ engineers visiting over some 8 months.  Chris had a firm hand over part of those issues.  If anyone can get it bottomed out, he can.
REIN / bad joints, especially in a rural area can be difficult to fix.  As for a d-side swap there might be no viable spare pairs.
Running RouterStats 24x7 would be a useful diagnostic.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mikejstephens
Grafter

Thanks Kevin - where can I find routerstats?  I'm pretty sure we've got a viable spare pair in the lane but OR won't do a thing unless there's a fault while they're actually here! We've had 2 years of this now. Cheers Mike