cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Activation

dbaker1981

Line Activation

Can somebody tell me why when switching from BT to Plusnet (which are essentially the same company) i have had ZERO internet since the 3rd of dec because my line hasnt been activated yet, where is the seamless transition Plusnet promised me? Why on earth does it take a week to activate a line that was already activated for BT, just to switch to another BT comapny on the same network?!
To say i am annoyed is an understatement, nobody informed me of this gap in service and to be quite honest it is unacceptable, im burning my mobile data using personal hot spot to get online because i work from home a lot and connect to my work computer remotely.
I am sorry to post this here but i had to vent somewhere, because considering you have the "best customer service" i have not been able to speak to a single person on the phone all weekend, i even tried the online live help and snap they never answer either. I am beginning to regret switching to save a few quid before i have even been able to use the service. Am i just unlucky or are plusnet actually rubbish?Huh
3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Line Activation

I think you are unlucky, I did the same a few months ago and all was fine. However, you do need to check any emails/txt's from PN, and the confirmation from BT that another ISP will be taking over your line/service.
If you cancelled your BT service, before getting confirmation from PN, beware BT will try and charge you a cancelation fee, best to let your new provider do all the work.
There are no PN staff on here I don't think, it would be worth getting on Chat in  the morning.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi debaker,
A warm welcome to the forums.
There are a number of causes for what you've encountered, the reason cited by Mustrum is a common (user self inflicted) cause.  It is paramount that users avoid giving the loosing supplier an end date, for their consequential action can completely sabotage a migration such as yours.
Though BT Retail and PlusNET are siblings within the BT group, it ends there.  There is no nice cosy relationship within the group.  Indeed BTOR and BTw do not communicate clearly with PlusNET on anything, especially when things go wrong.  Indeed I fear that being within the group is actually detrimental to PlusNET - to ensure that there can be no claim of favouritism, I suspect that BTOR and BTw put PlusNET at the end of the ISP pecking order.  Also PlusNET seem to have had their middle management stuffed with BT fast track graduates.
As Mustrum suggests, PlusNET staff do not support these forums on Sundays by design - though coverage on other days is very stretched at the moment.  You could try chat, but that does not support all issues.  You could look at your tickets - see the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scottymc
Grafter

Buddy plug your old bt router back in that might still work .....