Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited to unlimited

supernova1
Grafter

Limited to unlimited

Hi,
One for the PN admin gurus..
I'm currently on a limited usage package and waiting for fiber to be accepting orders, hopefully this will happen in the next 1-2 months.
In the mean time, I would like to upgrade to unlimited usage or at least increase the usage limit, especially over Christmas when the kids will be bashing the bandwidth.
Is there a way to do this?
ATB
SN.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Limited to unlimited

As you will only be on it for a couple of months you could use the product change tool on the website https://portal.plus.net/apps/account/change?bolWizReset=1 and then screw a better deal out of them when you want to move to fibre
If you call customer option they will offer you a better deal but only with a 12 month or longer tie in and you don't want that
HOWEVER
The change will take place on your next billing date so you may have left it too late for Christmas
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you are too late for your Billing Date, then there is https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
supernova1
Grafter

Hi OJ ans AO,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I called Customer support and all they offered was 'sign in' to a 12 month contract and an 'upgrade' to fibre when avaiable. I want to keep the option of negotiating a good deal when fibre becomes live from whichever provider at the time.
AO I seen the option for adding extra usage but at £5 per 5gb sounds a tad expensive, however, I might have to do that as a last resort, or block the kids  Wink  but I think the whining will be more painful than the £5 per 5gig  Grin )
If I exceed the monthly allowance, I'l get limited to 250kbps ...yay .....time to bring out the dominos and Monopoly.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Don't forget the Draughts and Snakes & Ladders Wink
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Ludo is also a lot of simple fun, but make sure you don't pick the red counters or the other 3 players might think you're representing PlusNet and will keep picking on you to try to keep you at home (probably to install Routerstats and monitor your connection 24/7!)  Cheesy  Cheesy
supernova1
Grafter

I never liked Draughts, but Snalkes and Ladders is my kind of thing.
Ludo, OTOH.... farrrr too complicated, the game is for replacing internet, not university challenge Grin
I've raised a ticket via "change package"link,  so will see what is offered......hopefully unlimited use of Kaplunk or Mouse Trap.
ATB
SN  Smiley