cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited to 128k

donnyd

Limited to 128k

Last month, I exceeded my bandwidth usage and so was capped to 128k speeds (average usage is way below 8gb so I think it would be better to use a rolling average for the cap, but that's another story).
Anyway, at the end of the month, the 128k speed is still applying and has been applied for several days now. Even changing the option to 'pay as you go' rather than capping bandwidth hasn't ended the traffic shaping.
Does anyone know a way to get this fixed? I confirmed speeds have been capped at 128k using the plusnet speed checker this compares previously to the 2500k speeds I was getting.
Has anybody else experienced this and is there a way to get a credit as it is somewhat galling to be paying for broadband and getting only dial-up speeds.
10 REPLIES 10
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Limited to 128k

IIRC there's a problem with the restrictions not resetting in certain circumstances at the end of a month. Open a ticket and they should remove the restriction for you pretty soon after that.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've asked our networks team to take a look at this for you, which you can track via the ticket I've raised on your account.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
In addition to what  Mand has said, this isn't a specific problem (ie: it doesn't happen to everyone when their usage is reset) however, there have been a few isolated examples whereby the "service offer" isn't reset when the usage is.
Please accept our apologies for this and it should be fixed relatively soon.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Yes you are paying for broadband but you've used up all your allowance i think it's dam decent of PN to put people on 128k most other providers just cut you off untill biling day
so your not paying for BB when you hit 128k you have paid for BB and now your getting abit extra due to using your BB all up effectively
donnyd

Quote from: pcoventry76
Yes you are paying for broadband but you've used up all your allowance i think it's dam decent of PN to put people on 128k most other providers just cut you off untill biling day
so your not paying for BB when you hit 128k you have paid for BB and now your getting abit extra due to using your BB all up effectively

When you get down from your high horse, you might notice that my option was changed to pay as you go so that it should have charged for extra rather than limit the rate.
Anyway, for some reason, the bandwidth cap was stuck on but it's now been fixed.
pcoventry76
Grafter

i was not on a high horse, don't know where you got that from.
I was merely trying to point out it could be worse, they could just cut you off until next month like other ISP's do.
ste
Grafter

Yep, it could be worse.
I used all my usage up the day before yesterday Cool Gawwd it's painful trying to watch any video, but web browsing isn't that bad is it really?
pcoventry76
Grafter

at 128k it is possible to gain around 15k/sec downloads - web browsing should be nice and snappy. but as you rightly say video streams will constantly buffer.
it's only £1 a GB why not up it abit? Wink
ste
Grafter

Shocked do I sound like I'm made of money?  Tongue
I can barely pay the £14.99 a month as it is right now, I've got that much to pay for. My billing date is tomorrow anyway, so it should go back up to full speed if I've read it right.
pcoventry76
Grafter

yes from midnight