cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights flashing on router

lilconfused

Lights flashing on router

I have a thompson gateway router. My internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again so I have changed my electrical wires like ADL, ADSL splitter for brand new ones. Still the internet keeps dropping and I cannot upload or download anything. The internet light on the router and the wireless lights keep flickering constantly. There is no pattern with them or staying still. Are they meant to flash? What could be the problem with my internet? I have no phone or anything connected as I disconnected to rule out interference. Thanks Huh Undecided
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lights flashing on router

Hi there and welcome to the community forum,
Although it depends on what router you're using flickering as opposed to a regular on/off flash can be quite normal as it indicates wireless activity or data transfer generally speaking.
I've had a quick look at your account and can see a number of disconnections though, there could be a number of causes for that issue but we'll help you narrow those down and push this towards getting resolved ASAP.
I'd advise visiting this page as the next step: http://faults.plus.net it will advise you of a few basic checks to do and allow you to report the problem to us formally.
Let me know if you have any difficulties beyond that.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lilconfused

Re: Lights flashing on router

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to Plusnet and ran some tests.  They have arranged for an engineer to call round . Smiley