cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights Out

valart
Grafter

Lights Out

I noticed this afternoon that my internet and broadband lights were out and the internet light wet red at times I switched my router off for few seconds and turned it back on and then booted my computer and both lights came back on and I was connected, don't know if I was correct in doing this my line drops sometimes only for seconds sometimes so it is not much of a problem I can put up with it.
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Lights Out

Hi valart,
There do seem to be quite a few drops happening on your line. Have a look here for some tips to troubleshoot that.
Jojo Smiley
valart
Grafter

Should I use new filters or should I swap them around I have another Tomson router is it worth changing it could it be faulty how does one tell if the router is playing up,as I have stated before the line drops are very rare but could it get worse.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi valart,
You can just use a different filter. Your line is dropping about 4 times a day, so a day in the test socket with a different filter and no extensions attached will show us if there's any improvement. Once you've done it we can check your connection graphs and see if there's any difference. If not, we can try the other router and if that's still the same I'd raise a fault.
Jojo Smiley