Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level 1 speed restricted too much

Mav
Fixes: 515

Level 1 speed restricted too much

Hi
Could someone please have a look at my restriction?
Premiere 2:
I have gone over 20GB and it currently stands at less than 24GB yet my speed appears to be restricted to 1Mbps. I did several tests during peak time yesterday and again this evening with various speed testers all with the same result.
At the same time I am having trouble accessing the Portal getting time out errors or pages not loading at all. All other internet access seems ok (apart from the above excessive speed restriction).
Cheers
Edit : Portal seems better now; slkow to start but pages do download

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES 6
Mav

Re: Level 1 speed restricted too much

Not on Premiere 2 Wink

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Sorry, realised that after I posted which I then removed.
Level 1 should limit you to 2Mbs but remember, its still upto 2Mbs depending on bandwidth availability.
Mav

Quote from: Peter
its still upto 2Mbs depending on bandwidth availability.

Yes, I realise that, but I would expect it to go over the 1Mbps mark occasionally, even more than occasionally, but it never appears to. That's why I wondered whether something has happened to the restiction level applied in this case.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We did have a brief problem with the portal just after 6 which has since been resolved. As for the slowdowns, I'm not sure why you're restricted to 1mb though will happily pass a ticket to the networks team to investigate this for you.
Hope that helps,
Mav

Are you saying I am actually being restricted to 1Mbps or you just need to investigate why I am not getting greater than 1Mbps?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Having talked to our traffic management guru, he has assured me that your current service offering is correct (premier level 1 management, as per the page here.
This is an up to 2mb service as advised and may run slower depending on the network speeds.