cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than 1mbs speed

pgillson

Less than 1mbs speed

My internet speed is so slow. This has happened over the past week. I've tried a reboot, the router is in the main master socket and it is ethernet connected to the computer. It makes no difference if the wifi is on or off. Whats causing this?

2 REPLIES 2
pgillson

Re: Less than 1mbs speed

This is the result of a speed test. This is constant, It doesn't go faster. Can you please test my line. I can't get through on the phone.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 15.45.07.png

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Less than 1mbs speed

Hiya @pgillson, I'm sorry for the issues you're having.

Having checked your connection I can see some drops occurring, it does also look like there are long periods with no active connection; can you please advise if you regularly turn off the router?

The test isn't highlighting what could be causing the drops but it looks like your line is "banded", this essentially means the speed is being limited and occurs to try and help keep the line more stable. I have removed the banding so you should hopefully notice your speeds improve over the next few hours although please note, you may still experience drops.

I have updated the fault ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team