Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than 1 Mbps since yesterday

jonne80
Dabbler

Less than 1 Mbps since yesterday

Hi,
I am experiencing speeds of less than 1 Mbps (around 0.8Mbps) since yesterday morning. I am already on a speed of 2 Mbps due my distance from exchange and this speed is frustrating. I have checked the phone line for noise, the dial tone is clear.
I am connected to the Harlsden telephone exchange and dont see any work going on there.
This speed is unacceptable., what to do, please advise.
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Less than 1 Mbps since yesterday

The line looked quite stable up until yesterday evening when there was a burst of disconnections:

Loop loss: 66.5db (very very long line)
SNR margin: 5.3db (target of 6db)
Sync: UP 320 DOWN 970
Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 191
Estimate 1.5 to 3.5Mb/s
Testing the line isn't showing an obvious issue, however you are below the estimate and the fault threshold rate.
I'm just doing a full test which will cause you to disconnect for a few minutes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

We're going to need to report this fault to our suppliers, unfortunately the system used to do this crashed partway through me doing this so I'll need to try again later.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Can you reply to the fault ticket and let us know your availability for an engineer visit please?
jonne80
Dabbler

Thanks Chris. I have replied to the ticket.
I would prefer AM and not PM and can it be not any earlier than 23rd. Any day of the week is fine as someone will be home.
There's also one other thing, the engineer who came to connect my phone line, disconnected my extension cable that connects to other phone ports in the house. I hope I can get them to look at that as well when they visit this time.
Chris
Legend

I've updated the appointment date, it's now booked in for this Thursday morning (18th) between 8am and 1pm. The 23rd was just booked in temporarily to allow me to raise a fault.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is exactly what you were asked not to do - unless I misread the post
Chris
Legend

I would prefer AM and not PM and can it be not any earlier than 23rd. Any day of the week is fine as someone will be home.

Ah, possibly I've misread that. I read it as 'try and book it earlier than the 23rd' however re-reading it sounds like it needs to be after the 23rd.
@jonne80 could you let me know if the new appointment is ok or whether this needs moving?
jonne80
Dabbler

Sorry my bad, it should have read, "can it 'not' be..." 18th is perfect.  Smiley
jonne80
Dabbler

A BT engineer came to check and fixed an issue with the line, but the speed has not changed, we are still only getting around 0.7-08 Mbps.
Moreover, I am seeing wrong information on https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
The number is wrong and the exchange also is wrong and the current speed is only 0.7.
I don't understand what was the purpose of the engineer visit then if he cannot fix the issue I reported.
Can you explain what is going on please?
Thank you
jonne80
Dabbler

No reply?? At least you can reply to my message... or do I have to start a new thread to get your attention?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there.
Sorry that the engineer didn't fix your speed issue today. If the ticket doesn't get picked up this evening, I'll take a look at the fault ticket tomorrow morning and will provide an update.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello. I can see that the connection is syncronising at 2.76 Mb but due to the large amount of errored seconds, this would most likely be causing your throughput issue. I have altered the Signal to to Noise ratio to improve your throughput. The line is now in sync at 1.99 Mb within your estimate and you should now be receiving a better speed on your end. If you are still experiencing issues over a wired connection, please get back to us and I will escalate this back to our faults team for further investigation.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button