Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet - mac adress number?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Leaving plusnet - mac adress number?

My contract ( minimum term) is about to come to an end with plusnet, and :lusnet have offered the following deals

Upgrade to Fibre for 18 months (38 down/2mb up) - no deals available for existing ADSL customers, 33.98/month take it or leave it.
Was told that the 12 month deal on the main webpage at £24.99 for 12 months is only available for new customers, current customers are not allowed any deals, and that other ISPs have better deals

I've also been offered ADSL for £28.98 although there was some confusion and this could be £18.98, plus call package this would be £25/month, or as high as £35.98 a month with an anytime call package

The question is when leaving do i need a mac number - its been 13 years since i last moved ISP ( to plusnet) or do i just sign up online?

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Leaving plusnet - mac adress number?

Migrations are gaining-provider led these days - you just need to find a new ISP, tell them you want to move to them,and they do the leg-work - no MACs required.

John
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

That's terrible! I hope they see the error in there way's before my contract comes up for renewal or I will be following you. Good luck with your new ISP Smiley

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
pint
Aspiring Pro

Ive not yet jumped, i'm waiting for the first 'big' bill form plusnet then it will be another attempt at retentions.

the most surprising thing was the attitude from whoever answered the phone at plusnet which just came across as dont care

I was thinking of taking the fibre deal at £24.99 but they wouldnt let me as im an existing customer so i will have to pay more presumably to fund new customers.

I would take up a price match on my current deal, but that too seems unlikely, as im an existing customer so plusnet will charge me more.

the overall attitude from pusnet appeared to be dont care, go away others may be cheaper, others may offer better value, we will charge you more.

Ive also posted ona  few other forums such as digital spy https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2229511/plusnet-retentions-have-offered-me-adsl-at-28-98-or...

Money saving expert http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676684

and ADSL guide/think broadband http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4557826-plusnet-retentions-offered-2898-adsl-98-fibre.htm...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

Something doesn't sound right here. From looking at the retentions offers that our Customer Options Team use, we should be able to offer a better deal than £33.98 for Unlimited Fibre, or £28.98 for ADSL. Huh

Mind if I arrange one of my customer options colleagues to give a call to discuss this?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Well I would describe my last round with them as difficult too, like you say they don't really care anymore, after all we are only menial ADSL people and there are nice juicy Superfast customers to have! OTH the scare stories you hear about some of the other ISP's especially TT and the like is enough to get you to pay more for peace of mind Sad Caught over a barrel just like all the other utils, so much for competition (something like who can get away with the worst service whilst screwing the customer for the most money), I remember in the heady day's being told there would be a regulator hahahaha.....sorry rant rant lols

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that @hitchhiker43

When you're in the last 3 months of your contract, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2) and I'm sure we'll be able to provide you with the best deal we possibly can.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

Mind if I arrange one of my customer options colleagues to give a call to discuss this?

Thanks, although not sure when i will be available over the next few days ( cant give a specific time) I will try another call on Friday.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) fixed quote