cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving (Really this time)

MommaCat
Grafter

Re: Leaving (Really this time)

Hope you enjoy your new job, James!  I also hope the staff at Plusnet will be taking you out for a few beers 'afore ye go!  Cheesy
mherbert
Grafter

James, I logged in especially to wish you all the best and say a big thank you Smiley
You'll certainly be missed Sad
jazz
Grafter

Good luck in your new job James.  You'll certainly be missed on here - and a big Thank You for all the help you have given. Smiley
Original_Design
Grafter

Sorry you're going James, you're certainly the reason I'm still with Plusnet (as are both my daughters).
Although I've had very few problems with PN (and Metronet before that since 2003) - when trouble does raise its head, it's how well the supplier responds that is important, and your response has never been less then excellent.
I'm sure PN is aware of the value of the asset it's losing, but as only an occasional visitor to the fora, I had wondered whether someone of your obvious abilities could stay fulfilled in constantly re-solving familiar problems.
Best of luck in your new role as a technical author, and to quote a writer friend of mine " Words am my business", and "Prepositions are what you don't end sentences with."
I would also offer the advice of  "Never trust a spell checker" and in evidence submit the following ode ~
Ode to the spell-checker.
Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss takes eye kin not sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Best of luck
Alastair
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks a lot James for your help and contributions over on the tb maaf forum.
Good luck in your new career as a technical author .......... onwards and upwards
  Smiley
martin2006
Grafter

James, i was only saying to you the other day i was glad to see you are still around, and then i find out today you are leaving.
the only reason i have been with plusnet so long is your never ending patience with my daft and generally pointless questions about broadband speed.
i am sure i speak for many people when i say best of luck in your new venture and a massive thankyou for all your first class support and customer service over the years and best of luck to the team you leave behind as you will be a hard act to follow.
whatever you do, you will do well
kind regards
Andy
Euge
Grafter

I'm glad I decided to pop into the forums today, especially having a nosey at the community support (which I nearly never do) because this would have passed me by without ever knowing.
It's sad to see you go James, but nothing lasts forever and you've been doing this for longer than I've ever stuck with one job  :D. I'm sure you've had some really bad days with endless PM's to you about various problems but I hope some of the chit chat conversations has kept you sane or at least entertained.
You've helped me out once or twice and I appreciate that immensely so I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours.
Kiss
fceluk
Grafter

I'd like to be the odd one out here and say good riddance........ Angry

but I just can't tell such an outright lie Embarrassed
Even though it's my alter ego that spends more time in here than I do, I'll still miss you Cry
Very best of luck with your future James.
Gabe
Grafter

I'm still confused. Is James being withdrawn completely, or will he, like many of Plusnet's best things, still be available on legacy accounts? Should I raise a ticket?
Everybody link hands: Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind...
All the very best,
Gabe
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

He's migrating, he's received his MAC ( Minimal Annual Contribution) from Plusnet but he's retaining his best bits on his new contract. Wink Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

hope he is keeping a FREE account to stay in touch and blow raspberries at us
leeanthony
Grafter

You cant leave James!
Youve been great with me, despite my essays of whining and even being bitchy sometimes, you still helped!
If I had a third thumb, I'd give you 3 thumbs up! Best of luck with your new job though, and thanks alot. I appreciate everything ❤️
ctech500
Grafter

James you are a legend I have to say your timely intervention when there have been issues has been second to none. I am pretty sure that many others and myself would have left Plusnet if it wasn’t for your dedication to getting problems sorted.
Good Luck with your new venture.
Lloyd
Not applicable

Oh dear - due to these pesky sub-forums I have only just discovered this awful news.  Embarrassed
Although I am glad that you have succeeded in getting the job that you wanted, I (and obviously everyone else) am very sad to see you go James.
I will always remember you for your kindness, thoughtfulness and support. Also your hospitality when you were so patient and put up with us on the open days. 
Please, if possible, let us know how you are going on and if your work is to be in the public domain, perhaps you could provide us with some links? Also, are you abandoning Sheffield too?
Good luck and best wishes for the future James.
James
Grafter

I'll be working near the train station Poppy.  I've not managed to escape Sheffield yet, despite longer term ambitions of eventually moving back home Smiley
I'm sure I'll pop back in from time to time.